[tex-live] possible bug or mistake ...

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri Aug 4 11:29:19 CEST 2017

Am Thu, 3 Aug 2017 17:19:26 -0700 schrieb Paulo Ney de Souza:

> The results of my "pdffonts" are exactly the same:
>
> $ pdffonts barcode.pdf
> name           type              encoding         emb sub uni object ID
> -------------- ----------------- ---------------- --- --- --- ---------
> Helvetica      Type 1            Standard         no  no  no       8  0
> Courier        Type 1            Standard         no  no  no       9  0

Well the fonts are not embedded. So you are more or less at the
mercy of the system fonts, the font configuration and the pdfviewer.

Do you see the problem also when you run latex+dvips+ps2pdf?

If yes you could try if it disappears if you embed the fonts
(https://tex.stackexchange.com/a/74307/2388), and then try to find
out how to do the same with xetex.

--
Ulrike Fischer