[tex-live] tl17 pretest - pdflatex: segmentation fault when using pgflibraryfadings, .code.tex

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Apr 28 23:27:17 CEST 2017

    pdflatex crashes with the simple document below (segmentation fault).

I think you have one of the buggy interim pretest versions. Neither the
current x86_64-linux nor i386-linux pdftex binary in the pretest
crashes for me.  (Instead there is a "dangling objects discarded" msg.)

Unfortunately the version numbers don't distinguish, but the file sizes
of those current binaries are:
2382744 Apr 27 00:08 i386-linux/pdftex
2214600 Apr 27 00:40 x86_64-linux/pdftex
(don't take the dates too seriously)

Thanks for the report. -k