[tex-live] Multiple files and synctex not working

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Wed Apr 26 22:41:50 CEST 2017

On Apr 26, 2017, at 01:47 , Pierre Marchand wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Sorry if my message does not belong here but I have no idea where to report this bug.

The tex-live mailing list is for problems relating to the TeX Live distribution, not for the individual components.  You can always use the "texhax" list, and if there is a better place, someone will let you know.  See the TUG home page for details.

> I have an issue with synctex and working with multiple files. More precisely, I have a main file main.tex and three files (one for each chapter) chapter1.tex, chapter2.tex and chapter3.tex. I use "include" in main.tex to add the chapters to my pdf. I have also several figures in my first chapter, they are tikz pictures that I define in separate files (figure.tikz for example) that I put in chapter1.tex with "input".
>
> Doing this, synctex does not work in the third chapter, but it works fine in the first and second one (I tried it on macOS 10.12.4 using texshop and Atom+Skim+latexmk).

I have found that there are times that synctex doesn't work, but generally, the answer seems to be out-of-sync between source and synctex files.  At the risk of asking the obvious, did you try removing the "aux" files (in particular, foo.synctex.gz)?

HTH

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large, Director
Institute for the Enhancement of the Director's Income