[tex-live] Tex Live Utility not finding package updates

Lars Madsen daleif at math.au.dk
Wed Apr 26 16:21:44 CEST 2017

In addition to Enricos comment

The freeze issue is actually listed if you run the TL manager from the commandline (TeX Live Utility is a Mac feel front end of sorts for tlmgr)

sudo tlmgr update --all --self

I get this message

TeX Live 2016 is frozen forever and will no
longer be updated.  This happens in preparation for a new release.

If you're interested in helping to pretest the new release (when
pretests are available), please read http://tug.org/texlive/pretest.html.
Otherwise, just wait, and the new release will be ready in due time.
tlmgr: package repository http://ctan.uib.no/systems/texlive/tlnet (verified)
tlmgr: saving backups to /opt/texlive/2016/tlpkg/backups

If will then install updates if there are any left missing before the freeze.

It seems TL Utility does not this for this freeze and inform the user.

Perhaps you should inform the maintainers of the TL utility tool for Mac

/Lars Madsen
Institut for Matematik / Department of Mathematics
Aarhus Universitet / Aarhus University