[tex-live] tlgs on windows, cjk-gs-integrate support

Hironobu YAMASHITA h.y.acetaminophen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 13:19:51 CEST 2017

On 2017/04/25 7:18, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
 > On 2017-04-24 at 21:17:58 +0900, Hironobu Yamashita wrote:
 >
 >  > I propose some small improvements:
 >  >
 >  > [1] There are duplicate file names,
 >  > * lib/cidfmap and Resource/Init/cidfmap
 >  > * lib/Fontmap and Resource/Init/Fontmap
 >
 > Dear Hironobu,
 > yes, duplicates are awful and should be avoided.
 >
 >  > For simplicity and better compatibility with unix-like systems,
 >  > please move (or merge?) the ones in lib/ into Resource/Init.
 >  > Also, it would be nice to move lib/cidfmap.TeXLive and
 >  > lib/Fontmap.TeXLive to Resource/Init.
 >
 > But there is one thing we have to consider:  There is a DVI viewer for
 > Windows called "dviout" which probably has hardcoded paths to tlgs
 > directories, in particular to lib/.  I once made a little change and
 > someone told me that I broke dviout.  We have to be careful.

dviout didn't come to my mind, and I don't use dviout so testing is
difficult for me. However, good news:
I tested with r44032, and found that removing the ones in Resource/Init
is enough, because ghostscript can read lib/cidfmap and lib/Fontmap.

So, please remove Resource/Init/cidfmap and Resource/lib/Fontmap.
Then, I can adjust cjk-gs-integrate to work with lib/cidfmap.

And, one more comment: current lib/cidfmap has

%EOF

with no new line at the end of file. Our cjk-gs-integrate has to parse
this file, and that will become much easier if there is a new line.

All the best,
Hironobu Yamashita