[tex-live] tl17 pretest: "not verified: gnupg not available"

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Apr 24 10:10:50 CEST 2017

Am Mon, 24 Apr 2017 09:02:46 +0100 schrieb Philip Taylor:

> Ulrike Fischer wrote:
>>
>> Perhaps it would be a good idea to extend the installation
>> instruction for windows with a "you need gpg and how to get it"
>> section.
>
> But is it true that one /needs /"gpg", Ulrike ?

If one wants to get rid of the warning which started this thread
then yes. My wording was a bit short but I trusted Norbert and the
others of the texlive team to be intelligent enough to add the
necessary "ifs" as in "if you want verification then ...".

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/