[tex-live] Request for testers on Mac OS X 10.5-10.6

Enrico Gregorio enrico.gregorio at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 19:52:07 CEST 2017

Summary of my attempts so far on a Mac Mini (Intel) running Lion

1. Installed MacTeX
2.It has no binaries for i386-darwin
3. Downloaded the TeX Live installer for Unix
3. Installed the Perl module Digest::SHA
4. Launched the installer, using a minimal scheme (plain and latex)
5. Fixed the symbolic links in
/Library/TeX/Distributions/.DefaultTeX/Contents/Programs so texbin points
to i386 which points to the binaries for i386-darwin
6. Tested a file with pdflatex: successful compilation
7. Tested a file with LuaLaTeX: successful compilation
8. Installed xetex with tlmgr
9. Tested the same file: successful compilation

Ciao
Enrico