[tex-live] tlgs on windows, cjk-gs-integrate support

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat Apr 22 01:28:38 CEST 2017

On 2017-04-21 at 15:49:37 +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:

 > > * Resource directory is built into the binary
 >
 > This is a serious problem.
 >
 > Reinhard, would it be possible to recompile gs in a way that the
 > resource dirs are not compiled into the binary?

No, I can't cross-compile gs on my main system.  If Debian provides a
gcc cross-compiler which can create binaries for Windows I could try
it on one of my Raspberries.

Does it really hurt when the resource dirs are compiled into the
binary?  The (incompable) fonts are compiled into the binary too, but
when I provide lib/Fontmap the fonts *I* provide are used.

So I'm wondering whether ghostscript insists on built-in resources
even if they are available on the file system.

Akira wrote

  Please test http://www.w32tex.org/toolsw32/tlgs.zip

I'll look into it tomorrow.  Too late in Central Europe now...

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                    mailto:reinhard.kotucha at web.de