[tex-live] tl17 pretest init

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Apr 21 19:33:33 CEST 2017

Siep Kroonenberg wrote:
> Worked fine the first time.
> Failed a second time, but clicking once or maybe twice in an empty
> area of the text was sufficient to deselect the text. Subsequently,
> abort worked just fine.
>
> I could accomodate you as to an enterprise edition. Instead, I used
> my 64-bits w7 pro.
OK, I have Ultimate and Enterprise here (TeX Live 2017 only on Ultimate so far) , but upgraded all my Professionals while it was still possible, so do not think I can find a Professional against which to test.
> In view of the inherent imperfections of Perl/Tk, I do not consider
> this glitch worth making a fuss about. But if you want to file a bug
> report, be my guest, especially if it stops you from further nagging
> this list about this dialogue.
If I could identify the version of Perl/TK that is used in the TeX Live distribution I would do so, but so far I have failed so to do.
> And Phil: please keep the xetex list out of this.
No idea how XeTeX came to be included at some point; that was clearly not my intention.

** Phil.