[tex-live] tl17 pretest init

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Fri Apr 21 19:15:40 CEST 2017

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 04:30:47PM +0100, Philip Taylor wrote:

> Siep Kroonenberg wrote:
> > I already wrote in a previous mail that I could not reproduce it
> > either (on Windows).
> I don't think I was explicit in my previous message as to the exact scenario that provokes the error here, Siep :
>
> > The dialogue box in question is the "Enter path for TEXDIR"  box, and having used left-mouse-down-at-right-end followed by drag-to-left-extreme [1], the <cancel> button has no effect no matter how many times repeated..  Transferring focus to another window or process and then restoring it to the dialogue box is sufficient to allow <cancel> to have its intended effect.
>
> Could you try to replicate that exact scenario and let me (and the list) know the results, please ?
> UNIV: Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit.
>
> ** Phil.

Worked fine the first time.

Failed a second time, but clicking once or maybe twice in an empty
area of the text was sufficient to deselect the text. Subsequently,
abort worked just fine.

I could accomodate you as to an enterprise edition. Instead, I used
my 64-bits w7 pro.

In view of the inherent imperfections of Perl/Tk, I do not consider
this glitch worth making a fuss about. But if you want to file a bug
report, be my guest, especially if it stops you from further nagging
this list about this dialogue.

And Phil: please keep the xetex list out of this.

--
Siep Kroonenberg