[tex-live] Request for testers on Mac OS X 10.5-10.6

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 10:27:08 CEST 2017

On 20 April 2017 at 10:12, Enrico Gregorio wrote:
>> On 19 Apr 2017, at 15:19, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would be grateful if people who are still using the ancient Mac
>> boxes could help testing TeX Live pretest 2017, in particular those
>> still running 10.5 (ppc, i386).
>>
>> https://www.tug.org/texlive/pretest.html
>>
>> Mojca
>
> I tried yesterday night: I downloaded MacTeX and installed it
> on a MacMini (Intel) running 10.5. Only x386_64 binaries were
> installed, not universal-darwin.

Do you mean i386 or x86_64?

There's no x386_64 and universal-darwin no longer exists. MacTeX (dmg
installer) no longer supports anything below 10.10.

You can try:

wget http://ctan.ijs.si/mirror/tlpretest/install-tl-unx.tar.gz
tar xvzf install-tl-unx.tar.gz
cd install-tl<complete_the_rest>
./install-tl -repository http://ctan.ijs.si/mirror/tlpretest/

# or: [sudo] ./install-tl -repository
http://ctan.ijs.si/mirror/tlpretest/ [-gui]

(or follow the instructions for rsyncing everything first)

And then add the path to binaries to PATH.

The "sudo" and "-gui" are optional, -gui probably doesn't work unless
you installed Perl/Tk and you only need sudo if you want to install to
a folder where you don't have write permissions. If you install as a
regular user, you should configure the paths (you can also install to
/tmp/texlive for testing).

Mojca