[tex-live] tl17 pretest init

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Thu Apr 20 04:40:04 CEST 2017

> On Apr 19, 2017, at 06:16 , Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 19 April 2017 at 15:08, Norbert Preining wrote:
>> Hi Phi,
>>
>>> If the front end were written in a language in which I felt confident, I would be more than happy so to do.  But if you can point me to the Apple Macintosh / UX front-end, I might feel inspired to try ...
>>
>> You can choose whatever language is fine for you.
>> Adam wrote TLU in ObjC (AFAIK).

Yes, Objective C and C, so none of it will be useful
for Windows. I suggest making a native Windows app
so that users get the look and feel to which they're
accustomed:

https://blog.codinghorror.com/content/images/uploads/2006/02/6a0120a85dcdae970b0120a86d6311970b-pi.png

> I have to add that Norbert just wrote "new bindings" that makes it
> hundred times easier to do so.
>
> For the TeX Live Utility for Mac OS X see:
>    http://amaxwell.github.io/tlutility/
>    https://github.com/amaxwell/tlutility
>
> Those sources are not yet using the new interface.

Nor will they :). Norbert's shell is great, but would
be complicated for me to wrap, as we discussed offlist.

--
adam