[tex-live] Alternative download location for texlive2016 source tarball

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Oct 30 00:42:08 CEST 2016

    Connecting to tug.org (tug.org)|130.225.2.178|:21... connected.
    Logging in as anonymous ...

It is common for all the anon ftp slots on tug to get used up by stupid
robots or whatever. Despite my limiting by IP address, etc.

    beside that there's also the rsync-able svn,

In addition to the svn, the whole historic/ directory is available by
rsync ... tug.org::historic/systems/texlive/2016/

    On ctan there is
    http://mirrors.ctan.org/systems/texlive/Source/texlive-20160520-source.tar.xz,
    which is not same release tarball.

Oops. I updated the directories on tug. I'm not sure if CTAN mirrors
that directory continuously or only when I ask them to update. We'll see
what happens in the next 24 hours or so ... --thanks, karl.