[tex-live] datetime2

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Oct 27 11:35:53 CEST 2016

Hi Johannes,

On Thu, 27 Oct 2016, texlive at schoepfer.info wrote:
> i would like to request to set "pgf" as a dependency for package
> "datetime2", as the description says pgfcalendar is needed.
> There are many datetime2-packages, maybe put them in a new
> collection-datetime2?

Collections are not created easily, and in particular not for
a single package - imagine what kind of explosion that would
mean if everyone wants a collection for its own package.

Furthermore, we do not track dependencies between packages
by now, mostly between collections. datetime2 is contained
in collection-latexextra, which already depends on collection-pictures,
which contains pgf.

That means, those who install collection-latexextra to get datetime2
will automatically get pgf, too.

Last but not least, checking datetime2.sty I don't see any reference
to pgfcalendar, the only RequirePackage calls are
	\RequirePackage{tracklang}
	\RequirePackage{etoolbox}
	\RequirePackage{xkeyval}[2006/11/18]

pgf* is only used by datetime2-calc which is optional addon.

Thanks

Norbert

--
PREINING Norbert + TeX Live & Debian Developer + http://www.preining.info
GPG: 0x860CDC13    fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13