[tex-live] Asana-Math

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Mon Oct 24 12:26:34 CEST 2016

Hi,

the Asana-Math README contains:

NOTE: Ideally, the font should be installed systemwide. However,  *
the .TTC file should be installed only in Windows systems and it  *
is provided for people using FireFox, Word, etc. In addition, the *
.TTC file should not be included in a standard TeX installation.  *
On Unix or Unix-like system, an administrtor can install either   *
the .otf or the .TTC file in her system.                          *

I was bitten recently by this because XeTeX was finding the .TTC
file, which contrarily to the .otf file creates a problem with
input such as $\dot{x}$.

The reason why my XeTeX was finding the .TTC is secondary

(I am on
mac os x, and I have symlinks to /opentype and /truetype TeXLive
repertories in my $HOME/Library/Fonts, and for some reason
\setmathfont{Asana Math} resulted in the TTC font being used),

but taking into account the above, could there be a way to
split the package into two so that using `tlmgr` it becomes
easier to remove the TTC font ? or even better that `tlmgr`
will not install ASANA.TTC if not on windows ? (I don't know
if such architecture dependent thing are possible for tlmgr
when handling non-binaries)

I can suppress it manually but an update in the package will probably
result in texmf-dist/fonts/truetype/public/Asana-Math/ASANA.TTC
reappearing.

Best,

Jean-François