[tex-live] biber in cygwin64 tl2016 builds

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Thu May 19 10:46:28 CEST 2016

biber apparently hangs on any input if I just use something as simple as

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{biblatex}
\begin{document}
\end{document}

then after pdflatex file, biber file just hangs at the command line
with no output and no log (even with --trace) and I have to kill it.

biber -- help works and biber --cache shows a cache in /tmp (which I
tried removing and it built another one but with same result)

There were some problems at the start of tl2015 with biber but they
cleared up at some point, although to be honest I don't recall if they
fixed in texlive or if I just switched in the biber that comes with
cygwin.  The cygwin /usr/bin/biber works most of the time but now
complains that the version in the bcf file is 3.1 not 3.0 so
presumably it will fail if any new features are really used.

David