[tex-live] texconfig bug

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Mar 17 22:51:35 CET 2016

Hi Norbert,

    texconfig .... no please, can we kill this program at some point?

It's been around so long (longer than TL), I don't want to kill it.
Invocations like "texconfig rehash" or "texconfig findprog" might be
buried in workflow scripts.  I don't see that the benefit outweighs the
potential problems.

    It simply does not work with current TeX (Live).

At least some parts of it still work.  Those parts that don't should
report error messages.  I admit I haven't reviewed it in light of our
changes to fmtutil and updmap in past years ... -k