[tex-live] problem in ltluatex.tex

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 2 19:52:05 CET 2016

On Wed, Mar 02, 2016 at 05:23:28PM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> > > Thanks, but this is a pure binary install from install-tl-unx dated
> > > 20160226 so it appears to be broken.
>
> That looks incorrect. As pointed out by David, your LaTeX
> is
> 	LaTeX2e <2015/01/01>
> while TeX Live ships
> 	LaTeX2e <2016/02/01>
>
> Something is wrong on your side.
>
> Norbert

Can you suggest a few random files, please, which ought to have
recent dates ?  Oh, wait, I think I might have spotted the problem:

I see I have ~/.texlive2014 and ~/.texlive2015.

In .texlive2015/texmf-var/ I have directories luatex-cache and
web2c, with various subdirectories.

So, because the binary includes newer code than the past source
builds, but for the same year, those files are causing the
problem ?  Is there a preferred way to get rid of them, or to
refresh them ?

Thanks.

ĸen