[tex-live] Problem with Asymptote on Linux

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Mar 2 00:34:05 CET 2016

    I thought that a TL binary was supposed to use **always** the kpse of its
    own distribution and not the one in the PATH. Is that not the case???

That is not the case and has never been the case.  The recommended
procedure has always been to set PATH according to the distribution you
want to use.  Like it says at the end of the install-tl output and all
over the documentation :).

Over the years, we have gradually worked toward making more and more
programs independent of PATH (more precisely, to use their own binary
directory before anything from PATH).  But asy is not one of those.
I'm not sure how practical it will be to do so, but I'll talk with
Bowman about it.

Best,
Karl