[tex-live] rsync to Utah TeX Live 2016 binaries, redux

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Tue Jun 21 23:46:47 CEST 2016

I have made what I hope will be a final change in the rsync
configuration for the Utah TeX Live 2016 binaries:

	% rsync rsync://ftp.math.utah.edu/
	texlive-utah    all of ftp://ftp.math.utah.edu/pub/texlive-utah/                    [> 4GB]

The path component texlive-utah is a symlink to the local directory
texlive, so the tree can also be accessed via FTP and Web clients as

	ftp://ftp.math.utah.edu/pub/texlive/
	http://www.math.utah.edu/pub/texlive/
	http://www.math.utah.edu/pub/texlive-utah/

In retrospect, it was a mistake on my part to have named the local
pretest work directory texlive, but that has now been recorded by at
least the Google search engine, so it cannot be changed.

As far as I know, our University does not pay any of the search engine
companies for more frequent global indexing, and it seems that new
additions to our HTTP trees may wait for several weeks before they are
discovered by search engines.