[tex-live] General test suite for TeX-Live

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jun 20 00:08:40 CEST 2016

    Another approach is to run TeX with the --recorder
    option on these files and evaluate the .fls files afterwards.

For the record, some months ago I wrote a script
./Master/tlpkg/bin/check-fmttriggers to do this -- get package
dependencies from .fls files -- for format builds.  It's how the
fmttriggers= settings in tlpdb are defined.  I run it regularly since
changes in the dependencies, while not frequent, certainly happen from
time to time.

If long lists of dependencies were being created for lots of packages,
updating them would have to be automated also, one way or another.
Certainly doable, no particular problem, just something to remember and
not start down the road of doing it manually.

Anyway, the hard part is setting up meaningful and re-runnable tests.
Good luck.  -k