[tex-live] Error installing install-tl-unx.tar.gz

Newman, Chuck chuck.newman at hpe.com
Sat Jun 18 20:46:52 CEST 2016

Yes, I still get the same error, although the /tmp filename is different.  Below is what I got just now.  Yes, there is a proxy server that I have to go through.

# ./install-tl
cannot contact mirror.ctan.org, returning a backbone server!
./tlpkg/installer/xz/xzdec.x86_64-linux: (stdin): File format not recognized
./install-tl: signature verification error of /tmp/Y6yDS8DtAw/Qeut_ibPT4 from http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb: cryptographic signature verification of
  /tmp/Y6yDS8DtAw/9PCwZUJXXc
against
  http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb.sha512.asc
failed. Output was
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: the signature could not be verified.
Please remember that the signature file (.sig or .asc)
should be the first file given on the command line.

Please report to texlive at tug.org