[tex-live] TeX Live 2016 binaries status, and TeX Live 2016 reaches some Linux distributions

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 14:53:23 CEST 2016

On 13 June 2016 at 14:43, Nelson H. F. Beebe wrote:

> Nevertheless, if there is a feeling that a 64-bit build of TeX Live
> 2016 for OpenIndiana would be of interest, I can certainly try it.

Official binaries do include 64-bit binaries for Solaris. I assume
they work just fine on OpenIndiana.

> The Open Community Software Project (OpenCSW)
>
>         https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCSW
>
> that provides an archive of about 3850 open-source and free software
> packages built for Solaris and OpenIndiana currently has TeX Live, but
> only the 2012 version.

Indeed. This should be upgraded at some point and I'm sure they would
warmly welcome any contribution, but good luck upgrading it ... there
are 5380 lines of code to package TL 2012 ...

https://buildfarm.opencsw.org/source/xref/opencsw/csw/mgar/pkg/texlive/trunk/Makefile
https://www.opencsw.org/packages/texlive/

Mojca