[tex-live] tlmgr warnings after update

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Jan 7 01:09:14 CET 2016

On 2016-01-06 at 18:56:01 +0100, Siep Kroonenberg wrote:

 > On Wed, Jan 06, 2016 at 11:22:30PM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
 > > > They remain. No matter whether I log on as Admin or as a normal user.
 >
 > This may or may not have anything to do with the problem, but
 > Windows file locking can be very persistent for no apparent reason.

But in the past Perl always issued an error message when a file
couldn't be created and I would expect one if a file can't be removed.

Uwe, testing with admin permissions shouldn't be necessary because the
temporary files supposed to be deleted were created by the same
process, either with admin or user permissions.  Furthermore, names of
temporary files are only known within the process which created them.
Hence tlmgr cannot remove temporary files from former runs.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                    mailto:reinhard.kotucha at web.de