[tex-live] I encounter a problem because texlive is kind of too large for my Ubuntu system in VMWare

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sat Feb 20 14:29:04 CET 2016

yuez wrote:

> Back in the time when I first tried to have a taste of Latex I run into
> a problem that I posted on Askubuntu:
> http://askubuntu.com/q/706561/398861. It really have bothered me many
> times and I wrote an answer there myself recently only to find that it
> just doesn't work actually. I have set the VMWare to make the system
> have a maximum storage of 80G, but after the configuration the sda1 only
> has 20G as original. Then I have created a new filesystem sda3 which has
> about 15G storage. So I thought I have two methods to tackle the
> problems: 1) enlarge the root filesystem or 2) install tex-live into the
> new volume.
>
> Could anyone please point me in the right direction? Thanks.

I know nothing of Ubuntu.  Under Windows 7 64-bit, a full installation
of TeX Live 2014 requires of the order of 7.5Gb :

> Dir /S /T D:\TeX\Live
> 33704 Directories; 145343 Files;  7,497,936,081 bytes.

Philip Taylor