[tex-live] [pretest] pdfcrop crashes when called from certain directory

Uwe Siart usenet at siart.de
Mon Apr 25 15:53:08 CEST 2016

Zdenek Wagner <zdenek.wagner at gmail.com> writes:

> As Heiko wrote, pdfcrop tests for unsafe characters in the file name
> and if such characters are present, a temporary file is used. Thus I
> got an idea that there may be a problem with some exact number of
> characters in the file name during this test, one character less or
> one character more is OK. But it is just my guess.

Now I found that the crash of pdfcrop happens only during the complete
conversion chain, i.e. when pdfcrop is preceded by

latex s-params
dvips s.params
ps2pdf s-params.ps

then

pdfcrop s-params.pdf

crashes. When I close the command window, re-open a new one and call

pdfcrop s-params.pdf

again, it runs smoothly.

--
Uwe