[tex-live] TeX Live on Win10

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Mon Apr 25 15:12:41 CEST 2016

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 11:15:09AM +0000, Lars Madsen wrote:
> Hi, a student just came by with a Win10 (he'll get back to me with the OS details)
>
> He wanted to install TL15 on it, and the installer crashed because he did not have access to create c:\texlive
> (seemed to work fine when we used run as administrator)
>
> I've just never seen this issue on newer windows computers where the user is the only user on the system.
>
> just FYI

Crashed? The installer should check first whether it is possible to
create c:\texlive, and if not, let the user choose something else.

Another possibility is that Windows needs time to become aware of
the directory that it just created. Sounds crazy, but I have seen it
happen.  Can the user create c:\texlive manually?

--
Siep Kroonenberg