[tex-live] [pretest] pdfcrop crashes when called from certain directory

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Apr 24 02:11:01 CEST 2016

On 2016-04-23 at 21:43:24 +0000, Karl Berry wrote:

 > If you're using the bundled Windows gs with TeX Live, it was recently
 > updated to the latest release, 9.19, which could well be the culprit
 > (somehow ...).
 >
 > Also, I think pdfcrop --debug will show the exact gs invocation (if it
 > doesn't, it should), which might make it reproducible with a single
 > shell command.  -k

If there is a chance to improve the output of pdfcrop --debug, it
would be quite helpful to provide error messages from ghostscript as
well instead of just mentioning its exit status.  Don't know whether
pdfcrop --debug does it already, but it should.

Error messages from ghostscript look quite weird at a first glance but
are extremely helpful though.

In order to solve Uwe's problem we have to know *how* ghostscript
crashed.  ATM we only know *that* it crashed.  Without ghostscript's
error messages we can only guess.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25