[tex-live] [pretest] Annoucement/Warning - cryptographic signatures

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Apr 15 07:17:05 CEST 2016

Dear all,

> today I have committed a big bunch of changes to verify integrity
> of downloaded packages by cryptographically signatures.

After a few days of fighting with rebuilding and fixing, the changes
have finally landed today in tlpretest.

For those who have already installed tlpretest: You *cannot* update with
	tlmgr update --self
but have to use the
	update-tlmgr-latest
method.

Please report strange happenings here, best with tlmgr -v ...

For Windows users
-----------------
(the following is my personal project and not affiliated with TeX Live or TUG!)
If you want to have gpg verification on Windows without installing
gnupg manually, you can install a package prepared by me via:
	tlmgr --repository http://www.preining.info/tlgpgwin32/ install texlive.gpg.win32

Warning for all users
As tlpretest has not started officially ;-) all this might change again.

Some remarks from the first email:
> In case something breaks badly you can easily disable these checks
> using hte new command line option
> 	--no-verify-downloads

ALl the best

Norbert