[tex-live] tl15/tl16 changes to come

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun Apr 3 16:20:37 CEST 2016

> For a short presentation of texlive 2016 I'm planning to give: What are the
> most important changes in comparison to texlive 2015? Just three points?!

Buuhhhh, hard to say. Everyone has different ideas. Mine would be:
* tlmgr: security improvements, in particular gpg signing and verification
* binaries: reproducible build support features (option to disable
	certain time stamps etc to obtain bitwise identical builds)
* packages: till now all packages have been updated in TL2015, so
	we will see what great changes come in the next two months

And last but not least - 2016 is not released and we haven't even
started working on the integration and changes, so all of the above
might be wrong, irrelevant, or just hot air ;-)

Enjoy

Norbert