[tex-live] texmf.cnf bug perhaps

Bruno Le Floch blflatex at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 20:51:36 CEST 2015

Hello,

While testing a package of mine with various engines I came across a
difference in behaviour for euptex, which David Carlisle tracked down
to come from texlive's main texmf.cnf

% (e)up(La)TeX, and for upmpost
TEXINPUTS.uplatex = .;$TEXMF/tex/{uplatex,platex,latex,generic,}//
TEXINPUTS.uptex   = .;$TEXMF/tex/{uptex,ptex,plain,generic,}//
TEXINPUTS.euptex  = .;$TEXMF/tex/{uptex,ptex,plain,generic}//

The last line does not end with a comma, which means that only
subdirectories of /tex/ are searched, and not /tex/ itself (as far as
I understand).  One file I needed was thus not found by euptex (but
was found by every other engine/format combination I tried).

Perhaps this should be fixed for TeXLive 2016.

Regards,

Bruno