[tex-live] Profile-based install: scheme plus selected extras?

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Thu Sep 24 11:21:30 CEST 2015

Hello all,

The documentation for using the -profile option with install-tl says the
best way to make a profile is to start from one from a successful manual
install. However, the installer interface doesn't seem to allow
selection of a scheme plus 'extras', so I'm not sure what goes into a
profile to achieve the equivalent of

    ./install-tl -scheme scheme-basic

     [path]/tlmgr install [list of extra packages]

I don't really want to use a bigger scheme, but the above seems a bit
inefficient: if I can get the installer to do everything there's only
one hash/format build phase.

What do I need in a profile to make that work?

Joseph