[tex-live] Using a --profile and relative TEXDIR

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Sep 24 00:44:03 CEST 2015

    where ~ has been expanded in the 'system' vars. If I edit them back
    to ~ then the installer fails.

I guess we have to fix that bug.  The installer code is unfortunately
twisted.  I'll look into it as soon as I can (after the next TUGboat
..)  if no one else gets there first.

Just for kicks, you could try deleting the TEXMFSYS* lines.  I'm not
sure if they will remain undefined or if they will get automatically
defined based on TEXDIR (that's what happens when TEXDIR is set
interactively, in install-menu-text.pl::directories_menu()).

sorry,
karl