[tex-live] Error when trying to use TeX Live's 2015 tlmgr on FreeBSD 9.3

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Thu Oct 1 08:23:47 CEST 2015

On Thu, 1 Oct 2015, Norbert Preining wrote:

> INdeed indeed. This is getting tricky, as we have to resolve
> recursively until we find the real tlmgr.pl, and then resolve to
> ../../../../ or so ...
>
> I need to think about a different approach ... maybe simply
> expect kpsewhich to work and use
> 	kpsewhich -var-value TEXMFROOT
> ?

Hi Norbert,

a similar problem occurs in xindy.pl where all symlinks except the last one
in

  <some>/xindy -> <other>/xindy
               -> etc.
               -> TEXMF/bin/ARCH/xindy
               -> ../../texmf-dist/scripts/xindy/xindy.pl

are resolved in order to determine the location of, e.g., the xindy module
files (see xindy.pl lines 416ff).

Regards
Peter