[tex-live] Texlive startup issue

Arun Prasath abarun22 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 23:36:34 CEST 2015

Hi,
I installed texlive on windows 8 machine and trying to compile an example
latex file to check whether the installation has gone OK. I get the
following error while compiling the .tex file in texstudio editor.

Error: Could not start the command: pdflatex.exe -synctex=1
-interaction=nonstopmode "samplefile".tex

Make sure that you have installed a (La)TeX distribution e.g. MiKTeX or TeX
Live, and have set the correct paths to this distribution on the command
configuration page.
A (La)TeX editor like TeXstudio cannot work without the (La)TeX commands
provided by such a distribution.

I made sure i added the following path to .exe files in the PATH
environmental variable

C:\texlive\2014\bin\win32

Not sure if any other settings need to be provided to get it working.
Previously i got it to work on windows 7 machine without any additional
settings. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Arun