[tex-live] tl15 status

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat May 16 01:35:49 CEST 2015

I've taken all the updates that made it to CTAN today (for some
definition of "today"), as usual.  I also updated context from the
"current" release that Hans prepared.

This was the end of regular updates for TL15.

Further uploads to CTAN will not be propagated to TL until regular
updates resume, after the release, sometime next month, I expect.  My
best guess at dates remains at http://tug.org/texlive.

I will consider package updates for the next few days on a case-by-case
basis, if and only if (a) the update is available on CTAN, and (b) you
can convince me that the update is fixing a critical bug and not
introducing more :).

This is so we can have a stable set of binaries and packages for people
to work with for the next few days, so that, hopefully, we'll release
something whose parts work together.

The only pending exception for packages is pgf: I have been talking with
ChristianF and we will jointly decide whether to update it after he
finishes preparing the release, which should be within a day or so.

The only other pending work I know of is two translations of the
tlguide.  I expect both of those to be done by Wednesday, and hence,
hope to build the final TL'15 image Wed or Thu night.

FYI, I will be completely offline Sun-Tue, inclusive, but will catch up
with everything when I get back before deciding when to go ahead.  So
don't worry if questions arise and seem to be left hanging for a bit.

Good luck to us all,
Karl