[tex-live] rotating column content of a two-column document

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Jun 21 11:28:59 CEST 2015

Zdenek Wagner wrote:

> Well, each user is a parasite of operating system developer...

Of course.  And also of Don Knuth, Hàn Thế Thành, Jonathan Kew and so
on.  "No man is an island" (John Donne).

> If someones topic is chemical thermodynamics, his main activity is
> carrying out physico-chemical experiment yet he/she wishes to write
> documents with nice math, then such a user simply does not have enough
> time do delve into 800+ pages of PostScript Reference Manual and 800+
> pages of PDF manual and manuals of dvips, pdftex, (x)dvipdfm(x). And
> physico-chemical journals accept LaTeX, not plain TeX.

Also agreed.  I have made my point, I accept that others may disagree.
I have posted sample code shewing that the solution (modulo the
generation of barcodes) is trivial in plain XeTeX, and I am content to
leave it at that.

** Phil.