[tex-live] automatically print dvi files to a printer on windoze

bnb at ams.org bnb at ams.org
Fri Jun 12 15:29:04 CEST 2015

On Fri, 12 Jun 2015, hw wrote:

    [...]

    My impression was that the PDF viewer does something with the paper size or
    whatever and thus messes up the printing.  I should probably do another test
    with a PDF file generated by pdflatex to see if it gives better results.
    The geometry package is used to set the paper size and margins.

    The printer doesn't have trays to select from.  Blank labels are fed from a
    roll inside the printer, and the printer driver knows what size labels are
    being printed by the user selecting the label through its options dialog.

adobe reader, at least, often defaults
to "fit" or "shrink oversized pages".

it's necessary to check the "actual size"
option to be sure that you're getting
what you see on the screen.
					-- bb