[tex-live] [luatex] Discussion about packaging binary modules for LuaTeX (& ConTeXt Meeting 2015 in France)

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Fri Jun 5 21:22:14 CEST 2015

> Assuming that you might be French (judging from your name)

I admit I almost read "judging from your arrogance and stubbornness" :)

> We've been discussing some kind of automated builds of LuaTeX (and
> other engines) for a while already, and planned to discuss how to
> integrate automated "swiglib" builds as well.

Good, sorry to make such a noise now, I didn't know this was being
discussed!

> TLContrib

I almost forgot about it, but it seems kind of frozen...?

> and some smart scripting hackery might result in some acceptable
> user-friendly way to get the desired functionality to the users.

Sure, that sounds a good way to go for me: something simple, generic,
providing binaries for reasonable architectures (I think people using
CentOS5 should be skilled enough to compile themselves)... If things go
in that direction, then it's very fine!

> You should consider joining us and hope for a fruitful discussion
> together with all the "players" (LuaTeX developers, TLContrib
> hacker, ConTeXt garden packagers etc.).

This seems a good idea (though I've never actually compiled anything
with ConTeXt); it's not too far from where I live, I'll think about that!

Thank you,
--
Elie