[tex-live] [luatex] lltxplatform integration

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 15:27:06 CEST 2015

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 2:39 PM, Michal Hoftich <michal.h21 at gmail.com> wrote:

> This discussion is really interesting for me, as I am the author of
> experimental Harfbuzz module (resp. LuaLaTeX package for binary
> library copied from SILE).
>
> Isn't possible to use Luarocks to distribute binary modules? This
> unfortunately means that user would need to install luarocks and then
> modules by hand, but it's better than nothing.
>
> hm be careful here.
Luatex has his own Lua interpreter, a binding should be  compiled following
the Lua API of Luatex
Or: a  binding for Lua 5.2.3 not necessarily works with Luatex.

PS
I have made a swiglib binding for harfbuzz 0.9.40 for linux 64bit and win32
in  an hour  or so (a nice break from a bug hunting)
foundry.supelec.fr/scm/viewvc.php/trunk/experimental/harfbuzz/?root=swiglib
Of course, I don't knwo if it works at all.
--
luigi