[tex-live] inclusion of pdf figures in tex-live 2015

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 01:47:47 CEST 2015

Hi Robert,

the problem is that newer versions of PDF offer features that are not
supported in the previous versions. Suppose that the PDF header says
that the version is 1.5 but it includes PDF 1.7. If the engine
undestands 1.7, nothing happens and it will work. However, if the
engine does not support newer versions, it will be happy to see that
it is 1.5 according to the header but then it will crash. It is
difficult to say which version is needed. If your document has to be
printed by offset or by digital printing machines, you have to stick
with PDF 1.3, although more modern machines can cope with newer
versions of PDF.
Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz