[tex-live] context modules not in TL 2014

Axel Kielhorn tex at axelkielhorn.de
Sun Jan 25 12:54:01 CET 2015

Am 25.01.2015 um 12:22 schrieb Robin Fairbairns <rf10 at cl.cam.ac.uk>:

> Axel Kielhorn <tex at axelkielhorn.de> wrote:
>
>>> animation/     GPL 3
>>> annotation/    GPL 3
>>> cmscbf/        GPL 2         on CTAN
>>> cmttbf/        GPL 2         on CTAN
>>> fancybreak/    GPL 3
>>> layout/        GPL
>>> title/         GPL 3
>>> urwgaramond/   GPL 2         on CTAN
>>> urwgothic/     Public Domain on CTAN
>>> visualcounter/ Simplified BSD License
>>

> i had always understood that tl gets its context pre-digested -- what
> ctan has is a series of zips which iirc are mirrored (not by cambridge,
> so i can't easily say where, but i've always assumed it's somewhere on
> the context site).

Looking at CTAN, I found some of the modules, but not all of them.
I will take this to the Context list.

> ps -- the other possible issue is that the packages aren't available on
> a free licence.  i've found context contrib entries really shy about
> licence information, and tl insists on a clear statement of licence.

>From the doc:

Modulename : t-animation
Author     : Wolfgang Schuster
License    : GNU General Public License

And in the actual file it says:

%D \module
%D   [     file=t-animation,
%D      version=2013.04.07,
%D        title=\CONTEXT\ User Module,
%D     subtitle=Animations,
%D       author=Wolfgang Schuster,
%D         date=\currentdate,
%D    copyright=Wolfgang Schuster,
%D      license=GNU General Public License]

%C Copyright (C) 2011  Wolfgang Schuster
%C
%C This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
%C it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
%C the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
%C (at your option) any later version.
%C
%C This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
%C but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
%C MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
%C GNU General Public License for more details.
%C
%C You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
%C along with this program.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

This looks good to me.

I'll talk to the ConTeXt people and report back.

Axel