[tex-live] Errors in installation via install-tl

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jan 12 23:29:04 CET 2015

    running updmap-sys --nohash ...done
    Can't exec "kpsewhich": No such file or directory at /usr/local/texlive/2014/bin/x86_64-linux/updmap line 22.

This appears to be the original problem.  Certainly if kpsewhich cannot
be found, nothing is going to work.  I can only surmise that the
kpsewhich binary in your directory is somehow bad (hardware, unlikely as
that seems), or is for the wrong platform.

    Undefined subroutine &main::print_error called at
    /usr/local/texlive/2014/bin/x86_64-linux/updmap line 24.

That was a consequence of kpsewhich not being runnable.  I'll fix the
error message.

Best,
Karl