[tex-live] Invalid config.h/c-auto.h files building TeX Live on Windows (MinGW64/MSYS64) [solved]

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Dec 15 23:58:20 CET 2015

Hi again Graham,

    svn:eol-style=LF
    sounds extremely plausible to me and that adjusting the TeX Live SVN
    config will solve the problem.

Well, it could/should work around the problem, not solve it.  But then,
you've already worked around the problem.  The bigger point is that the
autoconf stuff should be robust against different line endings, or so I
gather from your description (feel free to send me more details
privately, like the actual regexp, etc.).

Since the config.* files are plain text, forcing them to have Unix line
endings is, in theory, not desirable.  Same as any other plain text
file.  This is why the TL svn config forces only *.sh and *.m4 to have LF
line endings (and *.bat et al. to have CRLF).  Anyway ...  -k