[tex-live] pb with xindy 37716

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 11:56:34 CEST 2015

> Ulrike Fischer wrote:
>
> > Am Tue, 4 Aug 2015 18:15:48 +0200 schrieb Maïeul:
> >
> >> Hum, how should I apply ? I don't know anything to perl. I suppose I
> >> should compile but ...
> >
> > Find xindy.pl (should be somewhere in the scripts folder)
> >
> > Open it in an editor, open also the diff-file. Find in xindy.pl the
> > lines marked with - in the diff of Akira, and replace them with the
> > line marked with +.

And when copying the lines remove the + sign at the beginning of the lines.
The file contains the line number in the original file, line number in the
changed file, a few common lines, the changed lines and a few more common
lines. If your text editor offers line numbering, it will not be difficult
to find the places that require changes.

> Then save the changed file !  (May seem obvious, but sometimes the
> obvious escapes our notice).  And best to copy the original "xindy.pl"
> to a safe location from which it can be restored if all goes belly-up.

Good advice. Anything may happen when patching a file.

> Philip Taylor

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz