[tex-live] \string in xetex

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Wed Apr 29 09:32:50 CEST 2015

On 28/04/2015 22:06, Karl Berry wrote:
>     However, for plain the formats are
>     build using unicode-letters.tex
>
> I intend to change to change plain luatex and xetex to also use (a copy
> of) unicode-letters.def, precisely to avoid these sorts of version
> skew.
>
> karl

There are currently some differences between the outcomes for XeTeX and
LuaTeX as for XeTeX we have settings for line break.  In particular,
code points marked as ideographs in LineBreak.txt are set as catcode 11
in LuaTeX, based on the pattern set by unicode-letters.tex and the Perl
script which is used to generate this file.

Most probably this area needs revision, at least to bring category codes
into line between LuaTeX and XeTeX. To do that there needs to be a
proper discussion of what the 'expected' catcodes are for different
Unicode code point types. I will raise this on the appropriate lists and
lay out what happens at present.
--
Joseph Wright