[tex-live] clash between babel (french), hyperref and \cite on keys with a colon character

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 22 20:44:03 CEST 2014

Vincent Lefevre <vincent at vinc17.net> wrote:

> > > That's confusing because in Debian, babel is part of TeX Live
> > > (texlive-base source package).
> > >
> > Debian's TeX Live is derived from TeX Live by TUG, I am not a Debian
> > user so I do not know the exact mechanism how they get in and
> > repackage it. TeX Live by TUG is just a collection of what is
> > available on CTAN. You can here report errors in tlmgr or in packaging
> > (forgotten or misplaced files). All the rest should be reported to
> > package developers.
>
> The problem here is that it involves 2 packages (babel and hyperref)
> and a standard LaTeX command.

hyperref is fiendishly complicated, but heiko's an intellect to match
that problem, though problems often take some time to be recognised as
such.

babel is older still than hyperref, and is supported as part of the
latex team's work.

whatever, there's plenty of intellect around to solve the problems.

robin