[tex-live] Debian/Ubuntu equivs for TeX Live

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Fri Sep 5 12:12:42 CEST 2014

Hi

I was wondering if the

http://www.tug.org/texlive/files/debian-equivs-2014-ex.txt

is a broard as it should be while covering stuff provided by manually installing (TUG) TeX Live

For example ubuntu carries packages for

asymptote
etoolbox

and others, shouldn't those be added to the suggested texlive-local equivs file?

I've noticed dummy packages being provided on CTAN for some Linux OS, should one be made for Ubuntu as well?

(I have to say that I'm a bit against it, because I think users only unstall via trusted sources, thus personally I tell people how to build the equivs texlive local package, but do not provide it to users)

/Lars Madsen
Institut for Matematik / Department of Mathematics
Aarhus Universitet / Aarhus University
Mere info: http://au.dk/daleif@imf / More information: http://au.dk/en/daleif@imf