[tex-live] install-tl, tlutils.pm fail with perl 5.21.5

Nathan naroyce at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 21 12:55:04 CEST 2014

Ah, got it. I'm actually just doing some cross-compiling on host AMD-64 for
target ARM and have a whole list of things that are prerequisites for other
things and texlive was one (for what, I don't remember. I just have it in
my notes).
For the first stage, I install for AMD-64 in one directory and at the 2nd
stage I install for ARM in a different directory since it will be
transferred to a different machine. And then finally in the 3rd stage which
I have yet to complete, I can just copy it over instead of installing again
since I'm now on the ARM machine.