[tex-live] Debugging TeXdoc on Windows (TeX Live 2013)

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Wed Oct 15 12:11:47 CEST 2014

Dear Philip,

> Dear Akira-san :  I see you are active today, so I wonder whether you
> received my earlier message (below) and if you are able to offer any
> further advice ?

No, I cannot understand why the texdoc command does
not work properly. Actual scripts are in
a directory $TEXMFDIST/scripts/texdoc.
Viewers are defined in config.tlu.
The command texdoc.exe actually runs like

texlua $TEXMFDIST/scripts/texdoc/texdoc.tlu ... ...
($TEXMFDIST should be replaced by the real path.
In your case, it may be
$TEXMFDIST ---> d:/tex/live/2013/texmf-dist
)

For example,
texdoc fontspec
is almost equal to
texlua $TEXMFDIST/scripts/texdoc/texdoc.tlu fontspec

Thanks,
Akira